Saturday, April 24, 2010

NEW Single From Sarah McLachlan: "Loving You Is Easy"

File under: IT'S ABOOT FUCKING TIME!!  After years of remixes, repackaging, re-releasing, live versions, etc... of the same old, same old, Canadian songstress Sarah McLachlan is BACK with her first new material in over 7 years!
Hailing from her upcoming 7th studio album, The Laws of Illusion (set to drop June 15), "Loving You Is Easy" is a happy, piano based tune extolling the virtues of, well, love... It's full of the kind of imagery and feeling one experiences in that honeymoon period of a new relationship....butterflies, anticipation, and RTB~ is LOVING it!

Sarah has got some big shoes to fill as Fumbling Towards Ecstasy is easily one of the greatest albums to come out of the 90's (because I said so!), and her lyrical masterpiece "Fallen" from 2003's Afterglow has gotten me through some of the darkest moments in my life...so I have the highest of hopes both musically and lyrically for the new album and I'm sure she wont disappoint!  (enjoy the new track after the jump)
 

2 comments:

  1. I was in NA for many years and when Fallen came out I always associated it with relapse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i associate it with my complete nervous breakdown and the dissolution of my 13 year marriage....fun times!

    ReplyDelete