Monday, September 28, 2009

LCC Update: Finally some encouraging news!


Today I logged into my LCC Acct. to check Financial Aid status, which for weeks has been "under review", and it has finally gone through! Although the course is still full to capacity, I called the Nursing Dept. and was again encouraged to attend the first day of class and told that chances of someone dropping and me getting in this term are very high...more good news!

The not so great news is that I underestimated the cost of the course by a little over $200 and the course fees and tuition do not cover any other supplies such as textbooks, scrubs, lab kit, etc... And to get my car legal, insured and tires replaced will be approx. $600 None of which will be available to me until I am officially registered which looks like that wont happen until the course is under way.

The other good news concerning Financial Aid is that instead of the 4-6week wait for disbursement as I was initially told, it will be less than 2 weeks to get the balance of my Pell Grant after course fees and tuition...this is fantastic news, I only wish I could get it sooner but thanks to some asshole waiting until the last minute to drop the bloody course I'm screwed.

Oh well, I'm trying to stay positive and focus on the GOOD news I received today as the last couple weeks I have been really stressing out over all of this and wondering if it was even going to be possible. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment