Friday, September 18, 2009

Retro tune of the day: Doctor & The Medics

Well, when I first thought to include Doctor & The Medics in the retro line up I thought the obvious choice would be to post their great cover of Norman Greenbaum's "Spirit In The Sky"....but that's just too expected so I opted for the lesser known "Burn" ....and I really love this song from their major label debut for IRS records (coincidentally also the label for yesterdays retro post) titled "Laughing At The Pieces"

While the former was a world wide smash, reaching #1 in 32 countries, the latter only charted as high as #29 on the UK charts.  I still love it and it's one of my faves off that album.  Gotta love the psychedelic inspired garb, the huge 80's hair and KISS meets kabuki makeup!

No comments:

Post a Comment